Found that your website isn’t that good looking on mobile devices? You might be losing a lot of potential traffic with mobile device use growing. Here are some startling statistics that you might want to consider when debating whether or not to create a mobile friendly version of your website.
Mobile Device Statistics
- A sale coming from mobile phones on eBay comes every 2 seconds.
- Smartphone sales have become bigger than PC sales.
- 28% of Internet usage comes from a mobile phone.
- 19% of search queries in the travel industry come from mobile Internet usage. In 2011, it was only 11%.
- In the retail industry, 16% of search queries come from mobile web usage. It was only 10% in 2011.
- In 2011, 10% of search queries in the entertainment industry come from mobile. It has gone up to 19% by 2012.
- Mobile web usage took 50% of sales related to Mother’s Day in 2012.
- 38% of UK tablet owners spend more of their time on their device than watching TV.
- Search queries from tablet increased by 23% after Christmas day.
- There were a total of $241 billion mobile transactions in 2011.
- 86% of adults own a mobile phone.
- 53% of adult cellphone owners use it to access the Internet.
- A majority of respondents use their mobile phone to access the Internet since it’s more convenient to use and they always carry it with them everywhere they go.